Hot Tap Solutions
For Oil & Gas Pipelines, and Plants.
ION PRO Services provides safe, innovative, and effective turnkey hot tap and line stop solutions to meet your unique project needs.
Turnkey Industrial Hot Tap Solutions
The all-in-one provider for hot tapping including services, fitting and welding.
You can count on our experience to ensure your project is completed safely, efficiently, and on time.
- Pipeline tie-ins
- Re-routing pipelines
- Angle hot taps
- Wet tapping
- Probe installation
- Fitting taps (elbows, end caps, etc.)
- Repairing pressure letdown stations
- Pressure and vacuum installations
- Quality control sample points
- Pressure gauge monitoring points
- Line stops
- Subsea hot tap
- Tandem line stops
- Storage tank taps
- Bag stops
Our Recent Hot Tapping Projects
Choose ION PRO Services for your next Hot Tap Project
When you engage ION PRO Services, you tap into the vast experience our team has to offer:
- Onshore & offshore pipeline construction
- Well tie-ins
- Subsea pipeline systems
- Hot tap welding & fabrication
- Operating pressure up to 5000 PSI and temperatures up to 700°F
- Total ASME Compliance
- Fittings for 2″ through 42″ pipe sizes
ION PRO Services has been keeping pipelines online around the globe safely, efficiently, and on time. Rest assured; you are in safe hands with ION PRO.
How Are Hot Taps Performed?
Watch these animation videos on how we keep critical pipeline infrastructure online.
Hop Tap and Double Position Linestop
Integrated Tie-in Using an iLOK 3-Way Tee
We are responsive to your requests and value your questions. ION PRO Services has proudly served clients seeking turnkey hot tap and line stop service as qualified experts with precision and excellence, with extensive experience in the industry.
What is a Hot Tap and Line Stop?
Hot taps are typically used as a tie-in point for new piping but are also often performed as a means to install instrumentation without shutdown. Hot taps are performed as an essential step in preparation for a line stop.
Successful line stops to repair or maintain pipelines and pipeline systems are the key to continued safe and effective operations of platforms, pipelines, and process facilities.
- Single line stops to isolate a section of pipeline to allow for the safe removal and replacement of a pig launcher valve.
- Double line stop with a bypass allows for the continued operation of a pipeline while a repair or other remedial activities are taking place.
Please visit our Insights page for a great article on the different plugging methods on pipeline systems.
The Economics Of Hot Tap
In this article, ION PRO explains that pipeline upgrades, maintenance, and emergency repairs are all critical aspects. It needs to be planned for and executed on a regular basis.
These can lead to a loss in production due to shutdown procedures and has a significant financial impact.
Any approach that allows for the minimization of these losses needs to be thoroughly evaluated and investigated. Go to article.